Sunday, September 16, 2007

AAAARGHGHH!

Technology! I love it and I curse it. At least if you set down a piece of paper you have written on it doesn't just evaporate into the netherworld. Anyway, I just hit the wrong button, and my last blog entry disappeared.... where did it go? I imagine it there are many words and letters jumbled around in cyberspace lost.

Anyway I was blogging that I didn't have as much time to blog now that school has started again. Figures, but I love to write so I suppose I will just have to make time. My students are blogging on the blog I set up fro the media center. BUT... the comments are so inane! "6th grade is so coooooll!" or "i just love it here i think...." AARRGH. I know the younger generation is all hip with the online speak, but come on. You have to capitalize the pronoun I. I find it impossible to hit the approve button for these posts with terrible grammar. So----- I edit them. I do. I go in and add capitalization and periods. I leave the other errors that don't bug me so much.

And then I have this moral dilemma. What do you think? Should I edit the posts? I don't want garbled gook to be out their for a world audience. They will think our students are pathetic.
I would love to hear some feedback on this issue. So let me know what you think.

No comments: